Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Project: Laundry room

So this year has been full of some very big projects which is why I haven't posted anything on a blog for a Very long time. But incase you didn't notice I posted around 8 different posts to help get caught up. This will probaby be the last post of the year, but I wanted to show off my favorite project that I have had thus far. Above: This is what our laundry room used to look like.
Below: This is after we tore out all of the cabinets and we were starting to add some new custom ones built by us. Before

Before...


After paint and before we installed cabinet doors. All the functional parts of the cabinets are complete.


Before doors


After......







I love having lockers to store all our coats. Especially Isaac's backpacks. Before this project he stored all of stuff on the floor and it was hard to move in the laundry room.


This is also one of my favorite parts... The shoe storage. It actually fits all of our shoes. The drawers are really deep, about 30".


These cabinets are even deep enough to store my laundry baskets. I love it.


The furthest cabinet on the left is where we store all the cleaning stuff. I love that I can fit everything in one cabinet. I installed some shelving on the doors for the cleaners so now I can easily see everything.

Under the washer and dryer I use a drawer for the recycle stuff and the other for dirty laundry. I decided to do my laundry on the same day as garbage day so I empty the drawer with recycle stuff the day before and then I use that drawer to sort laundry on garbage day. It works out perfectly. I don't have to trip over laundry baskets!

I always wished that the office was next to the kitchen because we always end up getting our mail on the kitchen counter so to resolve this issue I installed a mailbox in the laundry room. If I don't want to go through the mail right away I just put it in the mailbox and wa la out of sight.


We started the laundry room in September right after we finished the shed and we completed the laundry room in the beginning of November. I really feel like completing the laundry room project has really simplified my life and it is probably my dream laundry/mudroom.

3 comments:

Jessica J. said...

I LOVE all these new posts, and I absolutely admire/covet your laundry room (not in the bad way, but the 'to wish for, especially eagerly' way!)

Donene said...

Love it and all of your wonderful posts! You have been busy!!

The Larchars said...

I've always wanted a mud room to look like that. And you totally painted the walls my favorite color these days! LOVE it!!!!